I swear, every machine I own knows everything about me accept this clock. I tried rolling over thinking I could get back to sleep but the clock sat perched across the room laughing at me with ear-splitting tunes. It also doesn’t know my taste in music. I heard my bones snap, crackle and pop into place as I shuffled my way to the offender with a slipper in the attack position.
Being there is no reason to get dressed, I’m not. I sit here, comfortably I might add, in my pajamas with a cup of hot morning coffee waking the brain cells as I look at the day’s do-list.
Brilliance hits at the most unexpected times. There is nothing on the list that could not be done online. Oh yeah… not only would I not have to get dressed, I wouldn’t have to put on shoes or dodge rain drops. That ML degree (Masters of Lazyology) is finally coming in handy.
- Banking: Auto deposit and pay bills online. A no brainer.
- Grocery Shopping: Use online grocery list, submit to store and wait for delivery. (They’d probably appreciate not having to wipe my nose prints off the freezer windows in the ice cream aisle.)
- Clothes Shopping: Will be much more fun with my feet up… as I peruse the comfy pajama sites.
- Books: Download anything I want from Amazon or the Public Library. Since I’m not going anywhere I’ll have plenty of time to read.
- Oh my, this is going well.
- Coffee: Whoa.. wait a minute. Starbucks doesn’t deliver. We have a problem.
Nope, this will never work. And I was so close to getting to wear my pajamas all day today… but rest assured as soon as Starbucks starts delivering….
Really? Don’t be playing with me Starbucks…